Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Internet is Not for Everyone

Have you ever had a question or problem you simply couldn't figure out on your own? I haven’t; I’m perfect. However, for those of you who DO know this feeling, where do you turn? What do you do? A relatively recent trend in the world of problem-solving is to ask the internet for help. By this, I mean you can ask for assistance from the people who are using the internet. Sites such as Yahoo! Answers are designed specifically for this purpose. A person can ask any question he or she wants, place in into a category, and receive answers from the general public within minutes. While this website can certainly benefit users by making the knowledge of millions of people directly accessible to you, that also means that the information of those who are a few fries short of a Happy Meal is directly accessible to you as well. The following are a few of my favorite stupid questions from Yahoo! Answers.com:

“My girlfriend farted while we were kissing should I break up with her?”

“How can I break my thumb more?
I thought I broke my thumb… so I told everyone I was getting a cast… I want a cast. I went to the doctor but they said it wasn’t broken so I need to get a cast before I got to skool tomarroe. Help me!!!!!!!! And please don’t tell me to just tell them the truth.”

“I just drank a tall cold glass of lemonade and it made me MORE thirsty, am I pregnant?”

“I took my 5 lb dog outside before daylight and a large owl flew right in front of my face. Will it eat my dog?”

“Why are the holes in cats fur always in the right place for their eyes?”

“How do you make just one word on myspace all caps?”

“I was bitten by a turtle when I was a young lad, should I still drink orange juice?”

Personal favorite:
“I live in georegia but I don’t see rusia no where not even sound but they says theres tanks should I be worrie
I herd on the news that rusia has invaded but I don’t see them no where wats going on”
Answer: “You are in the state of Georgia. The nation of Georgia is on the other side of the world.”

1 comment:

  1. There's no way the turtle one is real... is there?

    Also: Best profile pic ever

    ReplyDelete